We are looking for business people who share a passion for the future of our economy and want to share their skills and experience to make a difference to the region’s prosperity.
What’s in it for you?
By getting involved you will have the opportunity to:
- Influence policy and spending decisions that will make it easier for businesses to grow, attract investment in the region and create jobs for local people
- Promote the region’s strengths, assets and diversity to a regional, national and international audience
- Shape the priorities that will have the biggest impact on growth and jobs
- Use your skills, ideas and experience to take on a new professional challenge and develop new relationships
- Make a difference to the growth and prosperity of the our region’s economy
What you’ll bring to the Board
In becoming a member of the LEP Board, you will:
- Bring your expertise, knowledge, leadership and skills to ensure our strategies and programmes of activity reflect the needs of local business and communities
- Be an ambassador for the values and goals of the LEP and promote the Leeds City Region as a great place to work, live and do business
- Attend bi–monthly board or panel meetings plus provide occasional support with media interviews, promotional activity and events. Most meetings take place in Leeds city centre, with occasional travel across the Leeds City Region for events. In total, this would be approximately one full day per month
- Be committed to serve for a term of three years with the option to renew for a further term dependent on circumstances
What we’re looking for
Our City Region economy is diverse – including urban and rural areas, big and small businesses across all sectors and people with rich and varied heritage. We want our boards to reflect the vast diversity of our City Region so we welcome applications from everyone, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability. We are particularly keen to hear from women and black and minority ethnic (BAME) individuals, as well as from entrepreneurs and people working in fast-growing sectors such as digital, creative and health.